Saturday, May 14, 2011

Boston Harbor

Of course everyone knows about Boston Harbor! This is where our American ancesters got peeved at the British for their obscene taxes and threw the tea in the water! Since then, we have made up with the British. In fact, much of the towns here are named after locations in the UK.

Long Wharf is a place that is good to sit and read or watch (and listen) to planes coming and going in Logan airport. There is even a big area for people to skateboard or rollerblade there. When I was there, I saw 2 boys skateboarding, but as the weather warms up, I'm sure there will be more.

There are a few seafood restaurants in that area as well. The most famous in Boston is Legal Seafood No, not "Illegal Seafood" as I heard one man call it one time.:) But I went to Chart House Restaurant which is directly to the right of Long Wharf as you are going off of it. It is a brick building, and if it wasn't for the tables sitting outside, you would miss it. I just had a drink and charged my phone, but the courteous and well mannered people who worked there are enough to make me go back and get some oysters or lobster!


One of the boats. I'm not sure if it is from Boston Harbor Tours or one of the ferries that takes you to Salem or Provincetown.





Sailboats!!


This one was going fast!


Over 200 years of pollution......:(

No comments:

Post a Comment