Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Harvard Semitic Museum

Website: Harvard Semitic Museum



I never knew this place existed until the other day. It happens to be that it is a region of the world I am interested in. I was also happy there because there was Arabic writing so I could practice reading:)

I only took a few pictures because you need to see it for yourself. How can you refuse? Admission is free, and in this economy, you need to take advantage of all free things!
I liked the Israeli exhibit and the Egyptian one. I love looking at the tombs, and I decided that it is boring how us Westerners bury our dead. We bury them in a box and then dig a hole and put a rock on top of our hole. No, I'd much rather be buried as an ancient Egyptian:)




I thought I took pictures of the tombs. But I guess you will have to see them for yourself:) But here is a neat teaser of the ancient Egyptian exhibit...


And now for ancient Israel!




This was my favorite thing to look at besides the Egyptian tombs and pyramids and Arabic writing. THis is one of the temples of ancient Israel.


And this is inside the temple.









For the rest, you will have to go there.  The Semitic museum is a short walk from Harvard Square on the red line.  Lately the weather in Boston has been nice, so it is worth the walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment